The Golden Snitch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Depressed or Happy?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Depressed or Happy? Empty Depressed or Happy? Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:12 am

Peter Pettigrew

Peter Pettigrew

The boy stumbled as he made his way onto the train and nearly winced as he looked over his shoulder to see his mother's disapproving and embarrassed expression. That caused Peter's face to turn a little red as embarrassment and shame swelled in him in equal measures. He wanted to groan but didn't as he pulled himself up into the train, this time without tripping on his cloak. Thankfully he hadn't ripped it so he wouldn't be getting a letter from his mum about that.

The train hadn't even left the station yet and already Peter had made a fool of himself. Swallowing and trying not to cry he hunched his shoulders as he glanced around and tried not to bump into any older students. He was shaking because he was scared and he knew that his mother expected him to make friends with the 'right sort' of people. Only, Peter was sure that he'd be a disappointment and end up in Hufflepuff.

The boy didn't know if he should be relieved or depressed that his mum didn't expect much out of him to begin with. She'd told him the best she could hope for was for him to graduate Hogwarts with passing marks to get a decent job. If all else failed then he could make friends so he'd have connections when he left.

Opening the door to the first empty compartment he saw, Peter quickly entered and shut the door behind him. Taking a seat by the window he was happy that it wasn't facing the platform. It wasn't like his mum would have stuck around after seeing that he had physically gotten on the train. Still, he'd rather not be reminded that other parents even if their children weren't talented, at least pretended just for their sakes.

When the door opened he jumped and gave a hesitant smile. "H-hi. U-um, did you need a seat?"

2Depressed or Happy? Empty Re: Depressed or Happy? Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin

Remus had been hesitant to leave his parents and little brother behind. Dumbledore had indeed assured them that Remus would be well taken care of, but he was still frightened at the prospect of anyone finding out about his...affliction. His father had sat him down and tried to heal the scars he had with magic, but they weren't just regular scars. Werewolf scars never really faded or went away. Muggle concealer ended up doing the trick, but Remus knew he couldn't wear it everyday.

And if someone found out he was wearing it? Well, they'd certainly call it make-up. Remus actually had half a mind to go and wash it off right now, but he couldn't. Looking up at his parents, he gave them each a hug before he turned to his little brother. "You gotta take care of Mum and Dad now Leon," he whispered quietly.

"I don't want you to go Remy," Leon pouted, hugging his brother around the neck. "I might not have magic like you, but I really want too. Can you make it so I have magic Remy?" Remus gave his little brother a wry smile. He had already developed signs of accidental magic, even if he didn't see them.

"I'll be back for holidays, Leon. And if you truly want magic, you gotta wish for it super hard." He answered, hugging his brother back before picking up his trunk. Waving to his family, he boarded the train and immediately began to seek a spot. No matter where he looked, every car had at least two or three chattering kids. Except for one he found that had a single occupant. He opened the door, feeling a tad bit bad for making the boy jump.

"Yes actually," he murmured, smiling over at the boy. "You don't mind if I sit here do you? I think everyone else seems to be happy the way they are in their compartments."

3Depressed or Happy? Empty Re: Depressed or Happy? Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:43 pm

Peter Pettigrew

Peter Pettigrew

Peter's hesitant smile turned more genuine as his body relaxed. He was thankful that the boy was his own age or so it appeared. And he seemed nice and that was a bonus because Peter didn't really want to have to try and find another compartment. Nor did he want the ride to the castle to be an extremely long miserable one. And he might even make a friend before he got there.

Normally the eleven year old knew better than to get his hopes up, but he couldn't help it. He always did and this time was no exception. Even if they ended up in different houses and end up not friends, because depending on the houses that was a guarantee, at least he'd have the train ride. That would be something.

Swallowing, he nodded in reference to his comment. "Some of them know each other before," Peter stated then asked with a bit of hope, "Is this your first year too?"

4Depressed or Happy? Empty Re: Depressed or Happy? Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:03 pm

Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin

Remus shut the door behind him, finally relieved that he had found a compartment. He was still iffy about leaving his family, but perhaps he could make a few friends along the way. He hoped that by the time he got to Hogwarts, all qualms about leaving them behind would be gone. After all, Dumbledore said that he would be able to fit in despite his Lycanthrophy. He placed his luggage up in the rack overhead before sitting down across from the boy.

"Yeah, it's my first year," Remus said, grinning. "I assume it's yours as well?" He was really relieved that he had met someone else in his year. How odd would it be to talk to a more experienced third or even fourth year? Sure, he would learn a lot of things, but they had already gone through the train ride multiple times before. It wouldn't be as exciting to them as Remus felt now.

"Remus Lupin, by the way," he said, sticking out his hand. A slight grimace graced his face when he could plainly see the scars sticking out of his skin. Then again, he knew where all his scars were. Perhaps the other boy couldn't see them. "It's nice to meet you."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum